Author Topic: A2 PvE in its final days???  (Read 6379 times)

Rain

• Personal Text
    Everything happens for a reason. Usually physics
    • View Profile
A2 PvE in its final days???
« on: March 11, 2017, 10:46:00 AM »
Heya ^^
Couple of players have reported seeing a message in the Dayz Launcher saying something like "due to depriciation this server will be shut down on 17.03.17" (I havent seen the msg myself so its a pharaphrase I quess). Apparently this message applies to alot of servers including our beloved A2 PvE but not all. Its all a little veird to me. Question: valid or false? Cheers ^^

FloppyWaffle

• Clan Admins

• View Profile
Re: A2 PvE in its final days???
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 11:41:34 PM »
False as far as i know m8 , dwarfer owns the server so he is the only 1 who can take it down .

We need to pop on and clear up the server tbh a lot of dead cars around , just need to find the files i need lol

Rain

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 03:16:26 AM »
Heya
Did some actuall research and the mentioned message is (as far as I can find) only related to Dayz Launcer. And it's support of the Epoch version server is running (Legacy or whatever). Dayz Launcher will basicly stop supporting 1.0.5.1 next week. I guess worst case scenario is me and other players will need a guide on how to manually get get into server ^^

ArmchairCoward

• Clan Members

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 10:36:31 PM »
I used this to get in since day 1;

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8241

On the first run through it'll ask you to point it to the .exe locations, and then you can add the mod locations once that's done.  Last time I was in, I only needed the following;
@dayzoverwatch
@dayz_epoch (1.0.5.1)

You can add the server details in the 'online' tab;

And you can set the no-splash/window mode/ preferred profile etc. in the 'launch options' tab.

Should be good from there.
I've not got it all installed since a rebuild so can't take screenshots, but it's simple enough and google is your friend.

AC

Rain

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 03:53:20 PM »
Heya ^^ I tried ArmchairCowards tip today. I'm sure its possible to get this working but so far all I get is session lost, and not sure what I'm doing wrong :(

ArmchairCoward

• Clan Members

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2017, 10:30:30 AM »
Rain(/All),

Ensure you have Epoch 1.0.5.1 & Overwatch (0.2.5).  These should be placed in your Operation Arrowhead folder;
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\@DayZ_Epoch1051
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\@DayzOverwatch

Open the Arma 2 launcher and it should ask you to locate these paths the first time you run it.  if not, you can add them later in steps 11 & 12.
I missed this step, so the following instructions and attached screenshots show the full how-to.  if you already have the paths located, then skip steps 11 & 12.

As always, ensure you run A2 and then A2OA once after re-install from steam. If you're simply swapping launchers, you can skip this.

Within A II Launcher;

1. 'Addon Options' Tab
2. Add search directory
3. Located directory which contains addons (not each addon folder) [C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead]
4. Ensure Overwatch is at top of list or you will encounter an error on joining server
5. 'Addons' Tab
6. Select Overwatch and Epoch addons - drag to Group 1
7. Ensure 'play online' is ticked
8. Ensure Arma II - CO is selected or you will encounter an error on joining server
9. Tick addons to run (including the group)
10. 'Launch Options' tab
11. Select the Arma 2 .exe
12. Select the A2OA .exe
13. (OPTIONAL) select any launch options - User profile/no splash etc.
14. 'Online' tab
15. (OPTIONAL) add step 16. to favourites - then double click to select
16. Add the server IP(37.152.48.105) and Port (2302)
17. Start Game

Good Luck,

AC

Rain

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2017, 09:23:18 PM »
Thx for the Help m8! I havent got it 100% worky worky yet, but I feel I'm much closer! Im currently banned from server, but I get the ban message when launching from ArmA II Launcer as well! So im almost there I guess :P

-Rain-